Toll Free: 1-800-563-1998
Fax: (709) 754-3928
Toll Free: 1-877-489-9193
Fax: (709) 489-9194
What is the Office of the Workers Advisor (OWA)
The OWA is not part of the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission.
The Office of the Workers' Advisor functions under the realm of the Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour and has been providing free services to both union and non-unionized workers and/or their dependents since 1993 in Newfoundland and Labrador
The Office of the Workers' Advisor (OWA) serves the entire province from its branches in St. John's and Grand Falls-Windsor.
How can the OWA help you?
If you are an injured worker, the OWA can:
- Advise injured workers and/or their dependents of their rights and obligations under Workers' Compensation legislation.
- Advocate with the Commission (WHSCC) on behalf of the injured worker or their families.
- Provide advice and assistance on both the Internal and External Review processes.
- Provide a communication channel between injured workers and/or their dependents and the Workplace Health, Safety & Compensation Commission (WHSCC).
When to contact us
- You have an injury or illness you believe is work-related and you don't know what to do.
- Your claim has been denied or you are having a problem with your claim.
- You have a question about a decision regarding your claim.
- You want us to act on your behalf regarding your claim.
- You want advice on how to request an Internal or External Review.
- You don't know what is required of you or your employer with respect to the Early and Safe Return to Work program.
- You have a question regarding the legislation and policies of the WHSCC
- You are the dependent of a deceased claimant or potential claimant and you don't know what to do..
Helpful hints for your claim. Pick the issue that applies to your claim or situation, click on it and it will take you to helpful hints.