The Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour (NLFL) held its 71st Annual Constitutional Convention in the fall of 2008. In line with the first year of our “Sharing the Wealth” initiative, the first day of the convention focused on some of key social and economic challenges facing Newfoundland and Labrador, especially around prosperity and the challenges that come with accelerated economic growth . Keynote presentations were given by Armine Yalnizan of the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives (CCPA) and economists Wade Locke, and Doug May of Memorial University. These and other presentations given at the convention are available for download below.
- Download the presentation by Armine Yalnizyan, Senior Economist for the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives entitled Why Inequality Matters and What We Can Do About It.
- Download Wade Locke’s presentation on oil and the Newfoundland and Labrador Economy.
- Download Doug May’s presentation on the provincial labour market, wages and incomes.
- Download the provincial government’s presentation on the Youth Retention and Attraction Strategy.
- Download a presentation on the provincial government’s Poverty Reduction Strategy.