Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour President Mary Shortall said that the Liberal Government missed a great opportunity to implement measures that would benefit all Newfoundlanders and Labradorians with the release of their first budget. Acknowledging the current fiscal situation facing the province, Shortall says there was significant room for government to move to improve the deficit and strengthen the economy without cutting jobs and the services that so many people in the province rely upon. You can read the press release here.
- NLFL President Joins in Call to the Premiers: Canadians Need Life-Saving Pharmacare Plan
- Sears Lay-Offs Highlight Lack of Worker Protections in Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Federation of Labour Adopts Domestic Violence at Work Leave Policy
- NLFL President Responds to Telegram Story on “Healthy” WorkplaceNL Finances
- Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour Stands in Solidarity with Beatrice Hunter