Newfoundland and Labrador (NL), like most of Atlantic Canada and those workers who are employed in seasonal industries, rely greatly on the economic stability provided by the EI system. In addition, due to the current recession and the austerity budget brought down by the provincial Liberal government, Newfoundland and Labrador’s reliance on EI is even more pronounced. As a critical piece of our social safety net, EI is vitally important in helping workers weather times of economic instability. You can read the brief here.
- NLFL President Joins in Call to the Premiers: Canadians Need Life-Saving Pharmacare Plan
- Sears Lay-Offs Highlight Lack of Worker Protections in Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Federation of Labour Adopts Domestic Violence at Work Leave Policy
- NLFL President Responds to Telegram Story on “Healthy” WorkplaceNL Finances
- Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour Stands in Solidarity with Beatrice Hunter