Newfoundland and Labrador (NL), like most of Atlantic Canada and those workers who are employed in seasonal industries, rely greatly on the economic stability provided by the EI system. In addition, due to the current recession and the austerity budget brought down by the provincial Liberal government, Newfoundland and Labrador’s reliance on EI is even more pronounced. As a critical piece of our social safety net, EI is vitally important in helping workers weather times of economic instability. You can read the brief here.
- NLFL President Responds To Appointments To The Board of WorkplaceNL
- Indexing An $11/Hour Minimum Wage Is A Terrible Idea
- NLFL President Calls on Newfoundland and Labrador Government to Stand Up For Locked Out Workers in Gander
- Federation President Demands Answers for Court Decision on Worker’s Death
- Come Out and Celebrate Labour Day on Monday September 4th