The Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour (NLFL) is applauding the provincial government for supporting the recent agreement, last month, regarding expansions to the Canada Pension Plan (CPP). The expansion will mean a lot for the more than 11 million Canadians who currently have no workplace pension plan. It will make a particular difference for women, who experience high rates of seniors’ poverty, and young people who will experience the full benefit of the phased-in expansion over the course of their working lives. you can read the full release here.
- NLFL President Joins in Call to the Premiers: Canadians Need Life-Saving Pharmacare Plan
- Sears Lay-Offs Highlight Lack of Worker Protections in Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Federation of Labour Adopts Domestic Violence at Work Leave Policy
- NLFL President Responds to Telegram Story on “Healthy” WorkplaceNL Finances
- Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour Stands in Solidarity with Beatrice Hunter