Workers in Canada have been celebrating Labour Day for more than 140 years. Today, Mary Shortall, President of the NLFL will participate in the Labour Day event at Swilers Rugby Club in St. John’s. Her message will be that on this Labour Day, unions in Canada have much to celebrate, but there are serious challenges ahead as the provincial government prepares to drop another budget in the Fall. Read the full release here.
- NLFL President Responds To Appointments To The Board of WorkplaceNL
- Indexing An $11/Hour Minimum Wage Is A Terrible Idea
- NLFL President Calls on Newfoundland and Labrador Government to Stand Up For Locked Out Workers in Gander
- Federation President Demands Answers for Court Decision on Worker’s Death
- Come Out and Celebrate Labour Day on Monday September 4th