Workers in Canada have been celebrating Labour Day for more than 140 years. Today, Mary Shortall, President of the NLFL will participate in the Labour Day event at Swilers Rugby Club in St. John’s. Her message will be that on this Labour Day, unions in Canada have much to celebrate, but there are serious challenges ahead as the provincial government prepares to drop another budget in the Fall. Read the full release here.
- NLFL President Joins in Call to the Premiers: Canadians Need Life-Saving Pharmacare Plan
- Sears Lay-Offs Highlight Lack of Worker Protections in Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Federation of Labour Adopts Domestic Violence at Work Leave Policy
- NLFL President Responds to Telegram Story on “Healthy” WorkplaceNL Finances
- Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour Stands in Solidarity with Beatrice Hunter