Workers in Canada have been celebrating Labour Day for more than 120 years. We know that unions make positive change when we unite as one for a common cause. Workers’ gains are made through our political action and struggles. When unions stand up for equality and fairness, everyone benefits. You can read NLFL president Mary Shortall’s Labour Day message here. The executive of the NLFL, it affiliates and 65,000 members would like to wish all Newfoundlanders and Labradorians a safe and joyous Labour Day!
- NLFL President Joins in Call to the Premiers: Canadians Need Life-Saving Pharmacare Plan
- Sears Lay-Offs Highlight Lack of Worker Protections in Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Federation of Labour Adopts Domestic Violence at Work Leave Policy
- NLFL President Responds to Telegram Story on “Healthy” WorkplaceNL Finances
- Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour Stands in Solidarity with Beatrice Hunter