On November 2nd, students and workers will stand together to call upon the provincial and federal government to increase funding to post-secondary education and address the skyrocketing cost of tuition across Canada. The Canadian Federation of Students (CFS) will be holding a National Day of Action, where students from St. John’s, NL to Victoria, BC, will be taking to the streets to demand FREE education for ALL. Read President Shortall’s OP-ED from Saturday’s Telegram here.
- NLFL President Joins in Call to the Premiers: Canadians Need Life-Saving Pharmacare Plan
- Sears Lay-Offs Highlight Lack of Worker Protections in Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Federation of Labour Adopts Domestic Violence at Work Leave Policy
- NLFL President Responds to Telegram Story on “Healthy” WorkplaceNL Finances
- Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour Stands in Solidarity with Beatrice Hunter