Mary Shortall, President of the Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour expressed her anger at yet another reduction to the Workplace NL employer assessment rate, when workers needs are ignored. “Workplace NL has one the lowest workers compensation rates in all of Canada,” stated Ms. Shortall, “Too many workers who lose time due to a workplace injury or occupational illness face a serious loss of income. The 2013 Statutory Review recommended a small increase, and yet nothing is done.You can read the full release here.
- NLFL President Responds To Appointments To The Board of WorkplaceNL
- Indexing An $11/Hour Minimum Wage Is A Terrible Idea
- NLFL President Calls on Newfoundland and Labrador Government to Stand Up For Locked Out Workers in Gander
- Federation President Demands Answers for Court Decision on Worker’s Death
- Come Out and Celebrate Labour Day on Monday September 4th