Mary Shortall, President of the Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour expressed her anger at yet another reduction to the Workplace NL employer assessment rate, when workers needs are ignored. “Workplace NL has one the lowest workers compensation rates in all of Canada,” stated Ms. Shortall, “Too many workers who lose time due to a workplace injury or occupational illness face a serious loss of income. The 2013 Statutory Review recommended a small increase, and yet nothing is done.You can read the full release here.
- NLFL President Joins in Call to the Premiers: Canadians Need Life-Saving Pharmacare Plan
- Sears Lay-Offs Highlight Lack of Worker Protections in Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Federation of Labour Adopts Domestic Violence at Work Leave Policy
- NLFL President Responds to Telegram Story on “Healthy” WorkplaceNL Finances
- Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour Stands in Solidarity with Beatrice Hunter