It is shocking to think that some 150,000 Canadians are exposed to asbestos at work, particularly in industries like construction, automobile maintenance, shipbuilding, trade contractors and waste management. Read NLFL President Mary Shortall’s letter to the Telegram on the importance of recognizing occupational diseases to Newfoundland and Labrador workers here.
- NLFL President Joins in Call to the Premiers: Canadians Need Life-Saving Pharmacare Plan
- Sears Lay-Offs Highlight Lack of Worker Protections in Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Federation of Labour Adopts Domestic Violence at Work Leave Policy
- NLFL President Responds to Telegram Story on “Healthy” WorkplaceNL Finances
- Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour Stands in Solidarity with Beatrice Hunter