The Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour (NLFL) is very pleased with the announcement by government and Workplace NL today to grant presumptive cancer coverage for both career and volunteer fire fighters. “This is a great victory for our affiliates, the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF), the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), the United Steelworkers (USW) and the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) who represent municipal and federal fire fighters in our province,” says NLFL President Mary Shortall. You can read the full release here.
- NLFL President Responds To Appointments To The Board of WorkplaceNL
- Indexing An $11/Hour Minimum Wage Is A Terrible Idea
- NLFL President Calls on Newfoundland and Labrador Government to Stand Up For Locked Out Workers in Gander
- Federation President Demands Answers for Court Decision on Worker’s Death
- Come Out and Celebrate Labour Day on Monday September 4th