The Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour (NLFL) is very pleased with the announcement by government and Workplace NL today to grant presumptive cancer coverage for both career and volunteer fire fighters. “This is a great victory for our affiliates, the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF), the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), the United Steelworkers (USW) and the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) who represent municipal and federal fire fighters in our province,” says NLFL President Mary Shortall. You can read the full release here.
- NLFL President Joins in Call to the Premiers: Canadians Need Life-Saving Pharmacare Plan
- Sears Lay-Offs Highlight Lack of Worker Protections in Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Federation of Labour Adopts Domestic Violence at Work Leave Policy
- NLFL President Responds to Telegram Story on “Healthy” WorkplaceNL Finances
- Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour Stands in Solidarity with Beatrice Hunter