With the budget just weeks away, the current economic “Way Forward” of the Liberal Government in Newfoundland and Labrador (NL) is impairing our economy for the sake of short-term gains, which are benefitting few people. The provincial government needs to adopt a vision of a sustainable economy that works for working people and residents of this province. It needs to abandon the austerity agenda, and take concrete steps toward that sustainable economy. It can do so in Budget 2017. You can read President Mary Shortall’s letter to the editor here.
- NLFL President Joins in Call to the Premiers: Canadians Need Life-Saving Pharmacare Plan
- Sears Lay-Offs Highlight Lack of Worker Protections in Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Federation of Labour Adopts Domestic Violence at Work Leave Policy
- NLFL President Responds to Telegram Story on “Healthy” WorkplaceNL Finances
- Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour Stands in Solidarity with Beatrice Hunter