With the budget just weeks away, the current economic “Way Forward” of the Liberal Government in Newfoundland and Labrador (NL) is impairing our economy for the sake of short-term gains, which are benefitting few people. The provincial government needs to adopt a vision of a sustainable economy that works for working people and residents of this province. It needs to abandon the austerity agenda, and take concrete steps toward that sustainable economy. It can do so in Budget 2017. You can read President Mary Shortall’s letter to the editor here.
- Budget Offers No Real Plan to Support Workers, Grow Economy
- The Newfoundland & Labrador Federation of Labour (NLFL) Stands in Solidarity with Journalist Justin Brake.
- Budget 2017: A Strong Vision for Newfoundland & Labrador
- NLFL President Part of Canadian Delegation at 61st session of the Commission on the Status of Women (UNCSW61)
- International Women’s Day 2017 #Be Bold For Change #Rise up for Change