With the budget just weeks away, the current economic “Way Forward” of the Liberal Government in Newfoundland and Labrador (NL) is impairing our economy for the sake of short-term gains, which are benefitting few people. The provincial government needs to adopt a vision of a sustainable economy that works for working people and residents of this province. It needs to abandon the austerity agenda, and take concrete steps toward that sustainable economy. It can do so in Budget 2017. You can read President Mary Shortall’s letter to the editor here.
- NLFL President Responds To Appointments To The Board of WorkplaceNL
- Indexing An $11/Hour Minimum Wage Is A Terrible Idea
- NLFL President Calls on Newfoundland and Labrador Government to Stand Up For Locked Out Workers in Gander
- Federation President Demands Answers for Court Decision on Worker’s Death
- Come Out and Celebrate Labour Day on Monday September 4th