Indexing the minimum wage is important, but indexing alone will not have a significant impact on reversing inequality or fighting poverty We need to review the minimum wage regularly with the goal of getting to a living wage. Increasing the number of working poor in our province is not good for anyone and working in a low wage job should not mean being poor or below the poverty line. You can download the NLFL’s submission here.
- NLFL President Joins in Call to the Premiers: Canadians Need Life-Saving Pharmacare Plan
- Sears Lay-Offs Highlight Lack of Worker Protections in Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Federation of Labour Adopts Domestic Violence at Work Leave Policy
- NLFL President Responds to Telegram Story on “Healthy” WorkplaceNL Finances
- Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour Stands in Solidarity with Beatrice Hunter