While yesterday’s provincial budget demonstrated that the collective voice of labour, community and citizens does make a difference, the province is not out of the woods yet. “Our vision for the Newfoundland and Labrador (NL) economy is based on a real jobs strategy, including green jobs, investment in our communities, and in local and small, medium business – not just attraction of big foreign-owned corporations,” said Newfoundland & Labrador Federation of Labour (NLFL) President, Mary Shortall. you can read the full release here.
- NLFL President Joins in Call to the Premiers: Canadians Need Life-Saving Pharmacare Plan
- Sears Lay-Offs Highlight Lack of Worker Protections in Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Federation of Labour Adopts Domestic Violence at Work Leave Policy
- NLFL President Responds to Telegram Story on “Healthy” WorkplaceNL Finances
- Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour Stands in Solidarity with Beatrice Hunter