The St. John’s Status of Women Council (SJSOWC) has created and implemented a Domestic Violence Leave Policy within their organization and encourages public, private business and community organizations to adopt a similar policy. Mary Shortall, President of the NL Federation of Labour and Chair of the SJSOWC stated: “This is a very important issue for our members. Domestic Violence at work impacts workers and employers. While we work with our affiliates to address this issue at the bargaining table, we are also working closely with our partners in the broader community so that all workers can have the legislative protection they need when domestic violence comes to the workplace.” You can read the full release here.
- NLFL President Responds To Appointments To The Board of WorkplaceNL
- Indexing An $11/Hour Minimum Wage Is A Terrible Idea
- NLFL President Calls on Newfoundland and Labrador Government to Stand Up For Locked Out Workers in Gander
- Federation President Demands Answers for Court Decision on Worker’s Death
- Come Out and Celebrate Labour Day on Monday September 4th