Workers’ Compensation was designed as a no fault, no blame system. However, injured workers pay a price. In our province, the income replacement rate for an injured worker is 80% of earnings, up to a maximum of $63,420. This is one of the lowest rates in all of Canada. In fact, the last 2013 statutory review of workers’ compensation recommended that the income rate increase to 85%. You can read the full release here.
- NLFL President Joins in Call to the Premiers: Canadians Need Life-Saving Pharmacare Plan
- Sears Lay-Offs Highlight Lack of Worker Protections in Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Federation of Labour Adopts Domestic Violence at Work Leave Policy
- NLFL President Responds to Telegram Story on “Healthy” WorkplaceNL Finances
- Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour Stands in Solidarity with Beatrice Hunter