Workers’ Compensation was designed as a no fault, no blame system. However, injured workers pay a price. In our province, the income replacement rate for an injured worker is 80% of earnings, up to a maximum of $63,420. This is one of the lowest rates in all of Canada. In fact, the last 2013 statutory review of workers’ compensation recommended that the income rate increase to 85%. You can read the full release here.
- NLFL President Responds To Appointments To The Board of WorkplaceNL
- Indexing An $11/Hour Minimum Wage Is A Terrible Idea
- NLFL President Calls on Newfoundland and Labrador Government to Stand Up For Locked Out Workers in Gander
- Federation President Demands Answers for Court Decision on Worker’s Death
- Come Out and Celebrate Labour Day on Monday September 4th