At Executive Council meetings last week, the Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour (NLFL) adopted a “Domestic Violence at Work” leave policy. The Federation joins the St. John’s Status of Women Council (SJSWC) in taking a lead role on the issue, which according to President Mary Shortall is a very significant one for the 65,000 NLFL members in the province. You can read the full release here.
- NLFL President Responds To Appointments To The Board of WorkplaceNL
- Indexing An $11/Hour Minimum Wage Is A Terrible Idea
- NLFL President Calls on Newfoundland and Labrador Government to Stand Up For Locked Out Workers in Gander
- Federation President Demands Answers for Court Decision on Worker’s Death
- Come Out and Celebrate Labour Day on Monday September 4th