At Executive Council meetings last week, the Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour (NLFL) adopted a “Domestic Violence at Work” leave policy. The Federation joins the St. John’s Status of Women Council (SJSWC) in taking a lead role on the issue, which according to President Mary Shortall is a very significant one for the 65,000 NLFL members in the province. You can read the full release here.
- NLFL President Joins in Call to the Premiers: Canadians Need Life-Saving Pharmacare Plan
- Sears Lay-Offs Highlight Lack of Worker Protections in Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Federation of Labour Adopts Domestic Violence at Work Leave Policy
- NLFL President Responds to Telegram Story on “Healthy” WorkplaceNL Finances
- Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour Stands in Solidarity with Beatrice Hunter