This statement may seem odd coming from the Newfoundland & Labrador Federation of Labour (NLFL). Labour organizations, and their social justice partners, have been working hard for minimum wage increases for decades. The problem is the planned increase to $11 – sets the minimum wage at an unacceptably low level – among the lowest in Canada. Only Saskatchewan and Nova Scotia, representing 6% of the population of Canada, will have a lower minimum wage. You can read the full op-ed here.
- NLFL President Responds To Appointments To The Board of WorkplaceNL
- Indexing An $11/Hour Minimum Wage Is A Terrible Idea
- NLFL President Calls on Newfoundland and Labrador Government to Stand Up For Locked Out Workers in Gander
- Federation President Demands Answers for Court Decision on Worker’s Death
- Come Out and Celebrate Labour Day on Monday September 4th