Workers at D-J Composites in Gander, members of Unifor Local 597 and an affiliated member of our Federation, have been locked out by their American-based employer since December 19th, 2016. It is unacceptable behavior from an employer. I am asking you, as the Minister of Labour, to do the right thing and intervene on behalf of your constituents – who have done nothing but adhere to their rights as union members, and trusted the system to work for them in order to be treated fairly at their workplace. Someone needs to stand up for our residents, and tell employers like D-J Composites that their behavior will not be tolerated in this Province. You can read the complete letter here.
- NLFL President Responds To Appointments To The Board of WorkplaceNL
- Indexing An $11/Hour Minimum Wage Is A Terrible Idea
- NLFL President Calls on Newfoundland and Labrador Government to Stand Up For Locked Out Workers in Gander
- Federation President Demands Answers for Court Decision on Worker’s Death
- Come Out and Celebrate Labour Day on Monday September 4th